75KM WITH 1,400M CLIMBING
Col de Jambaz
This is a longer ride with no tough cols, but still a fair amount of climbing in total, so allow plenty of time.
The two most significant climbing sections are in the middle of the ride after you’ve turned right off the Vallee Verte and then at the end with the drag up to Morzine via St Jean d’Aulps. Treat this ride either as a workout using the long drags to test your fitness, or why not take it back a notch or two and just enjoy the relaxed alpine scenery without taking too much strain.
Start off with the climb to Les Gets and then the descent to the Vallée Verte either on the main road to Taninges or via the bottom of the Col de la Ramaz (turn right at Pont des Gets as covered in the Joux Plane page on this website). Turn right on to the main road via Mieussy and ride as far as the D226 right turn to Lac D’Antron (25km). Proceed to climb through a beautiful valley and eventually turn right on to a bigger road the D26 (36km) and climb up to the Col de Jambaz (40km).
Stay on the D26, by bearing right after col de Jambaz. At 51km, cut the corner by turning right on to the D22 to La Vernaz. Bear right at 56km (La Vernaz), head downhill and then turn on to the main road at 58km to St Jean d’Aulps at 68km. It is a well worn route on from here back to the Aiglon.
Route map for Col de Jambaz
For an interactive version, please click here for the Plotaroute site page
75km with 1,400m climbing
Climb profile for Col de Jambaz
Road Bike Package Deals
By popular demand, we have created a packaged deal for guided road bike holidays in Morzine. This gives you a fabulous way to explore the area, and the added benefit of staying in our wonderful apartments. The package is as follows:
- €550 per person based on 6 sharing a 3-bedroom apartment (€150 single person supplement)
- 4 night’s accommodation in Aiglon
- Choice of arrival date (subject to availability)
- Return transfers from/to Geneva airport
- Evening meals on each night (max 4) at local restaurants and in apartment
- An experienced and qualified guide for 3 days
- Packed lunches on 3 days (sandwich, drink and fruit/chocolate bar)
- Breakfast in room on 4 mornings (tea, coffee, orange juice, bread, jam, pastries)
- Meet & Greet at L’Aiglon for details on itinerary
Simply fill in the enquiry form on this page, and we’ll be back in contact with further information.